Charles Wohlforth is the author or co-author of many books. For those books still in print, learn more at the links below.
Authored or Co-authored Books
- Beyond Earth: Our Path to a New Home in the Planets By Charles Wohlforth and Amanda Hendrix. Pantheon, 2016.
- From the Shores of Ship Creek: Stories of Anchorage’s First 100 Years Todd Communications, 2015.
- To Russia With Love: An Alaskan’s Journey By Vic Fischer with Charles Wohlforth. University of Alaska Press, 2012.
- The Fate of Nature: Rediscovering Our Ability to Rescue the Earth Thomas Dunne Books/St. Martin’s Press, 2010.
- Alaska Day by Day Wiley, 2010.
- Saving for the Future: My Life and the Alaska Permanent Fund By Dave Rose as told to Charles Wohlforth. Epicenter Press, 2008.
- The Whale and the Supercomputer: On the Northern Front of Climate Change North Point Press/Farrar, Straus & Giroux, 2004.
- Frommer’s Alaska (14 editions) Wiley, 1996-2011.
- Alaska For Dummies (5 editions) Wiley, 2003-2011.
- Frommer’s Family Vacations in the National Parks (3 editions) Wiley, 1999-2004.
- Crisis in the Commons: The Alaska Solution By Walter J. Hickel. Institute for Contemporary Studies, 2002.
- Spectacular Alaska Hugh Lauter Levin Associates, 1998; revised edition, Universe, 2012.
Work Included in Books or Anthologies
- Alaska at 50: Past, Present, and the Next Fifty Years of Statehood edited by Dr. G. W. Kimura. University of Alaska Press, 2009.
- The AMS Weather Book: The Ultimate Guide to America’s Weather by Jack Williams. University of Chicago Press, 2009.
- The Last Polar Bear: Facing the Truth of a Warming World, by Steven Kazlowski, et al. Braided River/The Mountaineers Books, 2008.
- The Future of Nature: Writing on a Human Ecology from Orion Magazine, selected and introduced by Barry Lopez. Milkweed Editions, 2007.
- Global Climate Change, edited by Paul McCaffrey. H.W. Wilson, 2006.
- The Alaska Reader: Voices from the North, edited by Anne Hanley and Carolyn Kremers. Fulcrum, 2005.
- Frommer’s National Parks of the American West, by Don and Barbara Laine (2 editions) IDG Books, 1998, 2000.
- Frommer’s USA, edited by Bill Godwin. Simon & Schuster, 1998.
- Outside Magazine’s Guide to Family Vacations, by Frommer’s. Simon & Schuster, 1997.
- Best Newspaper Writing 1990, edited by Don Fry and Karen Brown. Poynter Institute, 1990.
- Season of Dead Water, edited by Helen Frost. Breitenbush, 1990.